President's Circle Student Art Show 2020
Students currently enrolled at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi are invited to submit works the 2020 President’s Circle Student Art Show to be held at the Islander Gallery on Thursday, January 16 at 6:00 p.m.
Any artwork meeting the following requirements is eligible for submission:
- Competition is open to degree-seeking full-time students, with a minimum 3.0 GPA, in good standing, in all majors currently enrolled at A&M-Corpus Christi.
- The work must be an original piece produced by the student making the submission. All media are eligible.
- Works will be classified by the following categories: Canvas (oils, acrylics); Paper (watercolor, pastel,drawings, and graphics); Ceramics, Clay, Bronze, Other Sculpture (other 3-D works); Photography (black & white, color, hand-colored); Mixed Media (specify), Other (not otherwise classified.Please specify.)
- All work must be in suitable condition for exhibition. No wet paint.
- Maximum size for 2-dimensional works is 32 x 60 inches.
- 2-D works must have hangers or screw-eyes and wire securely attached to the frames and be ready to hang on a wall. Works on paper should be suitably framed. Unframed works on canvas must be painted on the sides
- 3-D works must be manageable by two persons. Works must be ready to hang on a wall or if a base is needed, it must be provided by the artist. The gallery has generic pedestals/bases that are available for use. The artist must be available to help install pieces if necessary.
- The title, artist’s name and phone number must be on the back of 2-D works and on the bottom of 3-D works.
- Artists may submit a maximum of two works for consideration.
- Past or current members of the President’s Circle or their immediate family members are ineligible to participate in the art show.
- Students may not receive the FIRST place scholarship award more than twice. Previous FIRST place winners reaching the award limit are ineligible to participate in future President’s Circle Art Shows.
- Students must submit artwork priced at retail sale value. 100% of the proceeds from the sale of artwork go directly to the artist.
Scholarship awards will only be issued to degree-seeking full-time students currently enrolled at A&M-Corpus Christi.
FIRST, SECOND and THIRD place works will become part of Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi’s
permanent art collection, and the artists will receive the following awards:
- 1st Place - $1,000 Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi Scholarship
- 2nd Place - $750 Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi Scholarship
- 3rd Place - $500 Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi Scholarship
The winning artwork will be on display in various University offices and venues following the event.
Artwork must be submitted with a completed entry form to the Islander Art Gallery, 4024 Weber Road, no later than 12 p.m. on Saturday, December 7th.
If you have questions or need an accommodation made, please reach out to contact listed below!
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT
Gillian Rose-Hassell, Director of Annual Giving, firstname.lastname@example.org